(recipe adapted from foodinjars.com)
8 large red grapefruit
2 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
1) Start by cutting the top and bottom off of the grapefruit and removing the rind.
2) When the rind is removed, use a knife to separate the fruit from the membrane of the fruit. Collect the fruit sections and juice in a bowl.
3) Separate any seeds and put them along with the membrane into a cheesecloth.
4) Pour the fruit into a pot, and add the sugar and cheesecloth bundle.
5) Stir until sugar begins to dissolve. Turn heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Cook until jam reaches 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
6) Pour into prepared jars