APPLE PIE IN AN APPLE
Want to make a pie, but baking the perfect crust seems too complicated? Eliminate that step by using an apple itself as your crust to enjoy a mini, creative version of an apple pie.
4 Granny Smith apples
1 can apple pie filling
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pie crust
1 lightly beaten egg
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Slice the top off of each apple and scoop out the insides.
3. In a small bowl, mix the apple pie filling with cinnamon. Spoon the filling into each apple.
4. Unroll 1 pie crust and cut it into fourths. Then cut each quarter into 1/4 inch strips.
5. Alternate weave the strips on top of the apple and trim off the excess. Brush the beaten egg over the top of each crust.
6. Place aples in a baking dish and fill with 1/4 inch of water. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Remove from baking dish.
(Source by Tablespoon)
When autumn rolls around, it’s time to bust out the cinnamon and pumpkin pie scented candles. Create a place to hold your candles on breezy fall nights and decorate put it around your house for a fall atmosphere.
Tea light or votive candle
1. Wash the apple and remove the stem, using a knife if necessary.
2. Place the candle you plan to use on top of the apple, and make marks around the edges using a knife.
3. Use the knife to carve a small circle through the skin. Score the center of the apple with an X. Scoop out the top part of the apple.
4. Fill the hole with lemon juice and let it sit for 5 – 10 minutes. Pour it out and then let it dry.
5. Add the candle.
(Source by Sheknows)
APPLE-FLAVORED LIP BALM
Make your own apple-flavored lip balm with simple ingredients from around your house. Save money and moisturize your lips with this easy mixture.
4 drops of apple flavor oil
6 tsp jojoba oil
1 tsp aloe vera oil
3 tsp of beeswax
4 drops cinnamon flavor oil
2 drops of vanilla flavor oil
1. Melt the oils and beeswax in a double boiler (pan over a pan of water) on low heat until the wax is melted.
2. Remove it from the heat. While the mix is still hot, add and mix essential oils or your optional coloring (such as lipstick, colored beeswax or candle dye).
3. After mixing, while hot, pour into pots or containers. Allow to set before use.
(Source by Craftbits.com)
Feeling cold? Warm yourself up with some fresh apple cider. Not only is it delicious, but you only need four common household ingredients.
10 apples cut into quarters
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground allspice
1. Place apples in a large stockpot and add enough water to cover by at least 2 inches.
2. Stir in sugar, cinnamon and allspice into stockpot.
3. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 1 hour.
4. Cover pot, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 hours.
5. Strain apple mxture through a fine mesh sieve. Discard solids.
6. Drain cider again through a cheesecloth lined sieve. Refrigerate until cold.
(Source by Allrecipes)