Let’s celebrate National Puppy Day! Just because it is a special day for your puppy doesn’t mean you can’t have some fun either. Head on over to the kitchen and make these adorable puppy-themed cupcakes. Unfortunately, the cupcakes aren’t dog friendly, but they certainly are human friendly!
Watch the video below to make the cupcakes!
Making the cupcakes
1 bag white cake mix
1 cup milk
½ cup butter
24 cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Blend melted butter and white cake mix in a bowl with a handheld mixer or stand mixer on low speed.
- Blend in eggs and milk until mixture is smooth.
- Line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- Using a large spoon, scoop the batter into the pans until they are about about half full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the middle of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool.
Decorating the cupcakes
White frosting (store bought or homemade)
- Using scissors, snip off about three-fourths inch from the closed corner of the piping bag.
- Insert piping tip into the piping bag.
- Place piping bag into a tall cup and roll the edges of the piping bag over the cup. Fill the bag about three-fourths of the way with frosting.
- Take the bag out of the cup and secure the open end of the piping bag with a rubber band. Set aside.
- Unwrap a soft caramel and gently flatten it with the palm of your hand. Using a knife, carefully cut out a “dog ear” shape (about the size of two quarters). Repeat with another caramel (for the second ear) and set both “ears” aside.
- Taking the filled piping bag from Step 4, gently squeeze a ring of frosting around a cooled cupcake, piping from the outside in.
- Cut a red gummy in half. Place on the lower third of the frosted cupcake.
- Squeeze on a dab of frosting to cover half of the red gummy.
- Use chocolate chips for the eyes and ears.
- Stick and arrange the ears from Step 5 into frosting. Enjoy!